Creativity is part of our manufacturing, processing testing and layout procedures at Portland Driveways. Our quality assurance team adopts the ASTM, EPA, UL and ISO standards at all the stages and ensures our products conform to them. We consider various parameters like maximum load, exposure to climatic conditions, erosion factors, degradation probability etc. Our production plan incorporates proper values for density, material strength, maxim load bearing, endurance, resistance to climatic conditions and other characteristics. We ensure the usage of concrete, asphalt, fiberglass, gravel, adhesives and filling materials in the right proportions to make our products.
Portland Driveways – Paver Parameters
“Some of the most creative ideas for pavers originate from the quality of materials we use”- Portland Driveways
- Density: - The compact density of our products ensures maximum load bearing capacity. Every stone has the unique ability to distribute the load along its dimensions uniformly. Our calculations include average hourly load, slope, joint methods, total surface area, deformation force etc. Hence we are able to produce the best quality paver stones with optimum density.
- Material: - We recommend mono-materials like concrete, fiber glass, brick and limestone for light to medium traffic. For the heavy traffic driveways we recommend combination of concrete-fiberglass, concrete-limestone, concrete-crushed stones etc.
- Shapes: - At Portland Driveways we plan the shape of pavers based on engineering, architectural and aesthetic parameters. The first one among them is the expected load bearing capacity per hour. It is calculated on the basis of the stress transfer capacity of the paver stone in all the four directions + the absorption capacity. Mixture of concrete and fiberglass can provide higher stress transfer rate. Architectural parameter plays a great role in integration with the other paver stone shapes. For example square and rectangle shapes layout works smoothly in forming any desired pattern. Similarly the triangle and pyramid shapes can be integrated with ease. Cylindrical shapes can be used for having space in between pavers for enabling a lawn mat on the surface. Aesthetic parameters play an important role in the combination of multiple shapes to form the pattern.
Portland Driveways- Foundation Parameters
“The foundation for Portland Driveways is made of sub soil layer, sand bedding, base layer, fastening materials and the paver layout”- Portland Driveways
- Sub Soil: - At Portland Driveways we test the sub soil layer for water drainage, stress and load absorption, density and soil type. If the required parameters aren’t met we can enhance them by replacing it with the standard soil bed.
- Sand Bedding: - We provide the sand bedding with the help of concrete grade sand conforming to the ASTM standards; Coarse sand is the most recommended one for proper hold on the base layer and load absorption. We ensure the dimensions of the sand bedding to be in line with the edges where the pavers get locked with the base layer to form the edge lines.